Up at 7:30 but a restless night because of the wind during the night. Not hopeful that the boats will be going today :( I get up and go find Francis (our host) and he calls the Ferry for me - nope, not going and they won't be going for 4-5 days !
Tracy comes down and we have breakfast and Francis and Tracy are chatting away (while I'm figuring things out for our next stop with not being able to go to the islands today). It was really quite interesting. I have been the chatterbox with all our other hosts but not so much with Francis yet Tracy really liked him. This morning I realized Francis was clearly "conservative" (used terms like tree huggers in a negative context, complained about the unemployed abusing the system, immigrants (which they do not have !), health care, . . . just interesting !)
So off we go to make our way to Galway. (My day to drive) First stop - Ennis for coffee (getting headaches because I'm not drinking enough of it in the morning :( ) we wandered a bit and then back on the road but this time we get to take a Motorway ! ! ! I got to go over the speed limit (140 in a 120!) WaHoo. Observation: the speed signs are 1/4 the size as ours.
Made it to Galway and it is their 62nd Oyster festival. Tracy gets to try oysters for the first time ! Sadly, I had to have one with her. Done !
Great town ! Amazing pedestrian shopping area and a great little market were I bought a pretty Triskele pendant from a wonderful lady that had wonderful story about the Triskele - I hope she emails me so I can get it in writing.
We wandered forma few hours. And we managed to end up right where we parked - we were quite impressed with ourselves but think it was also dumb luck.
Off we go to find tonight's accommodation. It's another one from AirBnB
WoW ! ! ! This is my favourite so far ! We are actually staying in a families home, right on the ocean ! ! ! So welcoming and we have a whole floor to ourselves ! (Only downside is we have to share a bed) But we can use the laundry - clean clothes - YaY ! ! ! We can use anything in the kitchen. Everything we could need is provided . . . Even a facecloth (nowhere else has).
The houses here are deceivingly large. They look so small on the outside.
Went for a walk along the ocean, put our feet in.
Came back, had a bath (another draw back for me but I'm clean!) Ate a salad, more veggies and fruit that we picked up - missing them !
We are hopeful of making it to the islands tomorrow but it sounds like a storm is rolling in. Fingers crossed.
Nighty night xox
No comments:
Post a Comment