Ireland - Day 9 - County Clare touring

This one might be short, it's late, I'm tired, and I'm driving tomorrow.

Up and out by 8 today ! Need to make our way to the Doolin pier to get the Ferry to the Aran islands. GPS Maggie and the locals say approx 1hr so we give ourselves 2hr because of these roads. Actually made it by 9:30 only to find out they've been canceled due to weather :(

We decided to rearrange everything so I spend about an hour booking and canceling Saturday's accommodations (last night we have booked, the rest will be as we need and where we can find)

Off we go to Lisdoonvarna for the Matchmaking Festival. So, Friday during the day probably isn't the best time for us . . . It's all older people ! Probably retired.

Then we make our way to the Cliffs of Moher .  . . WoW WoW WoW . .  Even though it was dull, rainy, and, surprise - windy !

At first I was very disappointed. It is very much a tourist attraction - buy a ticket for €6, rock wall barricades, paved paths . . . BUT if you go the right way, far enough . . . you can get off the path and close to the edge ! That's when it was incredible. A very powerful feeling and awe inspiring. Truly phenomenal ! ! !  Tracy was afraid to cross the barrier so I walked on alone for a while.  Needed that.

Seemed to be a tough day for Tracy and I (things have been going pretty well) but I got really upset when we got to a town that had a dive shop and she just blew right through it (she was driving). I know at this point I won't be diving but it would still be fun to check out an Irish dive shop. I have stopped or planned and arranged for so many of her requests and this was the only thing on my list. We probably won't see another :(  I'll stop for anything or do what's needed (which can be tricky here) to go back. She just didn't even try.  Needless to say it was a quiet ride back. I think prefer driving. I like to make stops (even when it can be scary). I like to explore. I like to take pictures. Tracy just drives to the destination. ok - end of gripe.
 
Stopped at a few little places. One was at a beach with a ridiculously large estate and gold course . . . it's was Trump's !

Stopped in Kilkee for a seafood chowder. Neither of could finish it even though it was very tasty. 

So these last two nights were at a place we found on AirBnB but it was really a B&B (bed and bath ? Breakfast wasn't included) Nice place. Cheapest so far €35 per night. Twin beds, private bath, nice view, use of the fridge for our yogurt and berries.

In for the night now.

Nighty night xox

No comments:

Post a Comment